“Best Weekend All Year,” indeed! Our team just returned from a wonderful few days in Lexington attending the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event where as horse lovers, we were in constant awe of both the scenery and the company. Rain or shine, everyone showed up to give it their all, especially second consecutive winners Michael Jung and Fischerrocana FST—they were truly an incredible pair to watch in action!
While it was hard to select just a few, we wanted to share some of our team’s favorite moments from the weekend:
- Setting up our booth and tent in the pouring rain. We ended our experience in a similar fashion and began to embrace the "drowned rat" look. Team bonding at its finest!
- Converting a skeptical veterinarian into a huge NIGHTWATCH® advocate after speaking with us and seeing the product. She ended up giving us more than an hour of her time.
- Walking the cross country course with Jim Wofford. In addition to seeing the actual size of these jumps knowing they were not going to move if hit, it was extremely insightful to hear directly from Jim about the design aspects of each jump and how they would affect riders.
- Hearing and seeing people walk by our booth/tent saying, "Look, that's the smart halter!" or having people tell us they’ve been following our story online and were excited to hold the product in hand for the first time. Many commented that our smart halter is a much nicer quality and lighter than they expected.
- And of course, seeing old friends and meeting many new ones.
But what stuck with us the most was hearing the stories of more than eight others who have lost their horses overnight, just as our Founder & CEO, Jeffrey Schab, lost his beloved Snoop in 2013. Heartbreakingly, one woman had just lost her horse to colic the morning we met her. These testimonies were a reminder of the inspiration and motivation that serve the NIGHTWATCH® team in our mission to provide critical first alerts for early intervention, ultimately to help save horses' lives.
All in all, our Rolex Kentucky experience was one that we won't soon forget. We look forward to seeing everyone again next year!